Saturday, June 30, 2012

Let's Talk

All right.

I've been thinking.

I've been writing the past two weeks about how I've been feeling through this let's-work-it-out and breakup period. Yesterday evening I realized I felt like me again. I was having fun and just hanging out with my roommate without thoughts plauging my brain. During dinner I believe I crossed a bridge in the breakup process. I wrote about it last night for myself and I want to share it with you.

I miss him. In many ways. At first I missed the relationship part. But, after thinking about it and letting a little time pass, I really miss his friendship.

This guy is a great guy. He's funny and kind. We have a lot of similarities which is why we got along so well and ended up dating. And now I just miss hanging out with him.

We didn't get a lot of time to hang out as friends before we started dating. Not really. I'd like for us to hang out again and continue to learn about each other.

I still have a lot of healing to do, but I'm trying to move on. I'd be happy if we got back together, of course. I realized last night one of the reasons I'm not letting go is because we didn't make this breakup decision together. I thought when our relationship ended it would be mutual. It wasn't and I'm hurt. So there's a part of me that wants him to come back so we can continue the relationship until we've come to a mutual decision to part. But, the other part of me really misses his company.

I hate not talking to him. I need to push myself to wait a little longer so I feel more stable to talk without bringing up the past. But now I have to agree with him. These past six months were a blast. I had the most wonderful time. He was probably the most stable and greatest relationship I've had so far. Another reason it's hard for me to let go.

I want us to be friends. To talk to each other and have a good time. The hurting part of me kind of hopes that maybe the spark will ignite after some time as friends. The other part of me doesn't care. I miss him in both ways and am willing to be his friend.

I will always love him. Now I'm more willing to leave that relationship so we can move forward as wonderful friends. Maybe we could do some of the things we didn't get to do in our relationship as friends. In a group maybe, if by ourselves makes it feel to couple-esque.

I miss you. Please talk to me soon. Because if you don't, I likely will. Hahaha
Kt

No comments:

Post a Comment