Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Finals = Collegiate Death

Finals are done and now that I have a little bit of extra time I think I should be able to write on here more. ...Well, I'm taking five classes over the summer (and looking for a job), so maybe I won't have all the extra time I'm hoping to have... We'll see!

Finals really suck the life out of you. Mainly when they are back to back like mine were this year. In past years I've had finals spread evenly throughout the week. This year I had everything crammed into two days - Monday and Tuesday. Cramming all of the school work into two days is enough to make you want to pull your hair out, but on Monday and Tuesday?! At the beginning of the week?!? I was ready to be struck by a lightning bolt. It didn't help that we were still learning new material on Thursday for the final I had on Monday.

I survived though. Sort of. I'm one of the students that cares A LOT about their grades. If I don't do well on something I will cry. Not the pity-party kind of cry. The I-can't-believe-I-got-that-I'm-so-ashamed-of-myself kind of cry. Part of that pressure comes from my parents, but a lot of it I put on myself. Even though I doubt my future employers will be looking strictly at my grades I want my grades to be at their best. Not only so I can have a fantastic GPA, but also so they reflect that I worked hard and learned a lot.

Grades are already coming in. So far I'm doing all right, but it's the two classes I haven't heard from yet that are making me nervous. So while I wait for those results I start my summer session.

I went home this past weekend and am still unpacking. (Laundry + Parent's house = Score!) I should finish that, shower up, and get everything together for my three-and-a-half hour class. Wish me luck!

It's a beautiful day outside, so get your sunshine on!
Kt

No comments:

Post a Comment