Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Brand New Start And Butterfly Bobby Pins!

Welcome to March 15th everyone!

I can't deny that I've been relieved to have taken a break from posting. A lot was going on, but it also got me stuck in bad habits - mainly falling asleep before getting ready for bed (and who wants to wake up with non-brushed teeth? Ick!). But now is the time to get myself back on track! I'm currently on spring break (WAHOO!) which means trying to get back into the swing of posting on here. I have much to talk about, so this should be relatively easy, right? I sure hope so!

Well, I'd like to share with you all something I did about two or three weeks ago. Over Christmas my mom bought me some butterfly bobby pins (please excuse the glare):


She said the person that sold them to her believed them to actually be from the 50s! I love the 50s, 60s, 20s, 30s, 70s, and pretty much every decade that has happened before me! The past is so interesting, so why dismiss it? Even though I'm not the biggest history nut, I do love learning and discovering things about the past on my own.

Back to these bobby pins! I hadn't worn them at all since I got them and decided that I would wear a pair a day (it came with two identical sets) for an entire school week! It actually turned out to be a pretty fun experiment. I would choose an outfit, check that it went with one of the butterflies I hadn't yet used, and then would get ready for the day. I did see that on my last day there were six butterflies and not five (whoops!), but I had something to go to that evening where I could wear the black and orange butterfly bobby pins.

What do you think? Have any of you ever done something like this before? Set yourself to a weekly goal?

I'm starting to get a little tired of describing all that I do to you guys as meetings or things I do. Should I let you know what they are? What's your opinion?

Thanks for sticking with me and have a wonderful day!
Kt

No comments:

Post a Comment