Monday, August 15, 2011

Here We Go!

Bonjour, tout le monde!

I am officially back! ...At school, that is. And for some odd reason I woke up quite early this morning. You know what that means! BLOG TIME!

I think I will sum up some significant things that have happened to me in the past few months. Ready? Set! GO!

Okay, the Thursday before Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II came out I was giddy. Harry Potter's grown up with me, so I was naturally excited to see the midnight premier. I didn't want to lose my excitement, so I decided to download a Harry Potter soundtrack to listen to at work (where it's appropriate to listen to music - don't think I'm a slacker!). Unfortunately, downloading and syncing the soundtrack to my iPod took some time so I ended up missing the bus. "Well, it's not too hot out. I'll just ride my bike!" Sounds like a good idea, but ended up with me crashing to the sidewalk. My bike couldn't get over the uneven grass onto the sidewalk, so I fell over. I'm still healing and I hope I don't scar, since they're not the prettiest scars I've seen. They'd look kind of hard core, but I'd prefer to be able to wear shorts without questions over what happened to me. Overall, I was very much in costume for the Hogwarts battle that night.

Because I fell off of my bike, and because I've wanted a new bike for years, I actually ended up with an early birthday present. This new bike is, how shall I phrase it, AMAZING! It's a hybrid with shocks and oh do I love it. My old bike was a garage sale bike bought for me in 5th grade. I'm a little older and taller than that now-a-days, so I'm happy to have a bike that actually fits me. Woo!

Now for the final big thing that has happened recently. A mouse got into our apartment. When I first heard the news I thought, "Um... Ah!!!!" But now that I've moved in I'm feeling better about the situation. Our maintenance guy told us it happens with this building (it's not the newest place on the block) and helped us set out mouse traps. I really don't want to hurt the poor guy, but I know that if I caught him and took him outside he'd likely come right back. I just hope we don't see him again so he doesn't have to suffer. Although, he'd die pretty instantaneous... Anticipating R.I.P. Mr. Mousey.

Today will be exciting! I'm going to start working in a leader position in marching band! That probably sounds super nerdy or not at all exciting to some of you, but hopefully a minority of you understand it.

Anyways, it's time for me to get ready! I'll write you guys again soon!
Kt

No comments:

Post a Comment