Thursday, October 13, 2011

Fall Adventures

Hey-o everybody!

I don't have anything super important to tell you guys, but I thought I'd describe some of the adventures I've been taking lately.

Last weekend I drove to the nearest big town that had an Ulta (because we don't have one here) and bought...the Naked Palette by Urban Decay! Omg I LOVE this thing! I had started to gain a craving for it a few weeks before my birthday and found that I could buy it plus the Sesche Vite top coat with all of my birthday money.Woo! I've been using it every single day. I don't usually wear eyeshadow so wearing some everyday is a big change, but I love it! I'm glad there are make-up tutorials to follow using the palette (I've been using this one everyday). Anyways, I'm excited to gain more confidence in the palette and in my make-up skills in general so I can explore all the beautiful colors!

Next adventure also occurred last weekend! I went with my marching band section to a nearby apple orchard! The drive was gorgeous - the trees are really beginning to turn colors so there was an array of greens, yellows, oranges, and reds. I love this time of year. The smell of burning leaves, the chilly air... So wonderful! Unfortunately, all the apples had been picked at the orchard so I left without any apples, but it's all right! I got a wonderful drive out of it and that's enough for me.

Last adventure happened last night. I was excited and surprised that our marching band director let us out of rehearsal an hour early - that doesn't happen often. He said a storm was coming and didn't want any of the instruments to get ruined. Fair explanation, but I didn't see any clouds that looked like they were going to pour. Oh, was I wrong. My roomie and I decided to head to the grocery store to get some Chinese food (trust me, they have the best Chinese food) and the drive back was TERRIBLE. I have never driven in that much rain. I drove through lakes in the street, watched the driveway of a gas station turn into a waterfall, and absolutely freaked out as hail started to pelt my car. That was not fun. I get enough anxiety from turning my windshield wipers to the fastest setting! I'm so glad we got home in one piece so we could eat our Chinese food. Hey, a girl's gotta eat!

Any who, I want to continue to update on here more often. I'm disappointed in myself that I haven't. I'll try to use some of my free time to work on this instead of watching yet another episode of Keeping up with the Kardashians.

I will write you all again soon.
Kt

1 comment:

  1. 1. that palette looks cool!
    2. ha i watch keeping up with the kardashians a lot too

    ReplyDelete