Friday, June 17, 2011

FOOD!

Hey everyone!

I thought tonight I'd show you some pictures of meals I've eaten this week (as today was not very interesting).

Here's something I whipped up for lunch this week:
I bought a cucumber when I went grocery shopping, but the only way I've liked eating cucumber was in these sandwiches. It sounded good, so cucumber finger sandwiches (whole wheat bread, cream cheese, and cucumber slices), sugar snap peas, blueberries, and raspberries it was!

This is one of the dinners I made this week:
The broken up white stuff is lemon pepper fish. As I've said,  I'm not a fantastic cook so this fillet was frozen. I love asparagus, but was kind of bored with butter and salt seasoning so I decided to season this batch with olive oil, garlic salt, and parmesan. The two flavors kind of clashed, but it was a pretty good meal. I realized I needed a carb afterward so I had some milk and cereal :P.

Here's what I had for dinner tonight:
Sloppy joe's and salad! The salad is dressed with lite cesar dressing and instead of a bun I put my sloppy joe on whole wheat bread. I'm frustrated with how my sloppy joes came out this time. I typically do a pretty good job at making them, but my batch tonight had little flavor. I think the little extra water I added wasn't needed even though the mixture looked pretty darn thick.

As you can tell, I'm not a vegetarian. One of my roommates is and the other only eats chicken, but I haven't been able to give up meat. I completely support the ideas behind vegetarianism - I just can't do it. And vegan? Woah, Nelly. That would never work. Did you see how much parmesan was on my asparagus? I cannot do without dairy. It's one of my favorite food groups!

Well, before I start to head off to bed I think I'll drink a bit more water and eat a handful of blueberries. Good night!
Kt

1 comment: