Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Long Day Desserts

Hey everyone!

Not going to lie - this week is kicking my butt! I've finally started my summer ritual of 8 a.m. to 1 or 2 p.m. days (with nights often filled with class as well). Sorry for not posting last night. I took advantage of the longest day of the year by jogging down a path near my apartment. This, of course, is after a 6 hour work shift that I rode my bike to and from (and my bike seat is, let's say, not the most comfortable). After that I fell asleep. Yep, the same thing I do when I forget to write a blog any other day.

Today I had my first 5 hour class. It wasn't too tough to get through - the subject is interesting and I'm excited to learn (dork alert!) - but we'll have to see how that goes for the next few weeks. I think I'll be glad to sleep at night - after I've done all my class readings, of course.

I've been trying to do this don't-eat-dessert-for-a-week thing, but I accidentally failed this morning. My teacher made brownies and muffins and I thought, "Hey, muffins are better than brownies, right? Not a total dessert." (I think I was trying to justify needing the sustenance) so I took a muffin only to find out after the first bite that it had chocolate chips in it. ...Well, that spoiled my effort. So, I caved. At my class this evening I candy was passed around and I politely said, "No, thank you", but when one of the students gave me a piece of candy when they were demonstrating a lesson I thought, "Now I have to eat it!" So, fine. I confess. I've eaten a Reese's peanut butter cup, two Starbursts, one cookies and cream egg, and a Jolly Rancher chew. Mind you, these were all small, but it was my little cheat for the week. I'll start a clean slate tomorrow.

Off to sleep at a decent hour,
Kt

No comments:

Post a Comment