Friday, June 10, 2011

A Time Capsule Of The Car Crash Into My House

Hello, hello, hello!

I am currently sitting at home watching some t.v...

...wait. Did I say home?

YES! I'M HOME! :D!

Yesterday I made a quick decision to go home for a couple of days. I threw myself together and ran out the door because weather.com could not make up their mind when a storm was coming. When I checked the radar after I finished most of my packing it seemed the storm was coming, oh, I don't know, now. So I flew out the door and headed home. It was actually a pretty nice drive too! I listed to the radio and when the stations fizzled out I listened to my iPod. I really do need to pull off the Christmas music though. I often skipped Greensleeves and My Rusty Chevrolet (which, if you don't know that Christmas song you should check it out! I'm a sucker for joke/parody songs. Especially during Christmas).

So, I got home, threw my things down, and changed my clothes (it was FREEZING!) so I could hang out with a friend! Before I headed over to their house, I went to check up on construction going on with my own house. Oh, have I not mentioned that? Well, to make a long story short - a car drove through my house. Not all the way through, just through the front door, into the coat closet, and ended up in the garage. They weren't drunk, they were underage. It's all a big mess, but there are a lot of positives to it as well. We wanted to redo that front room anyway, the layout of the closet always bugged my mom, and, hey, had they drove their car in two inches to the right our whole house would have collapsed. At least no one was hurt, not even the drivers or our cats. It's all good.

Well, this happened I think two months ago. We've had to take some time to move boxes out, but construction finally started last Thursday so it's no wonder how excited my mom was when she called me on Friday to exclaim her excitement about a new front door, new siding, and a new garage door! So, naturally, when I got home I wanted to see everything for myself! The front of the house looks great so far and there's a wall and the outlines of a closet in the works! Kind of silly to get excited about those things, but when your house has been boarded up for two months it's amazing to see progress in the way of a new home!

Well, I did eventually go to my friend's house, haha. We looked through some cookbooks and recipes online because we need to bring a dish to a party our friend is throwing tonight. I didn't get a chance to spend a lot of time with her - although I think her cat and dog will miss me the most since they couldn't stop rubbing (cat) or jumping (dog) on me. My mom called and wanted me to head home to tape an episode of The Big Bang Theory. "Okay, okay, mom. I'll do it."

Well, we ended up eating dinner and watching the end of The Big Bang Theory before we headed out together to look at the house one more time. I apparently had not seen the floor and paint samples my mom had laid out and she wanted my opinion on them. We really looked at them and ended up changing most of them - Sorry, mom! What she chose would have worked fine, but I decided I we decided we liked a different flooring so the scheme changed a bit. After that and looking around at what was happening in construction land, I noticed something in the corner of a different room. A time capsule! From when I was in elementary school! I had dated it to not be opened until my birthday in 2011! This year!!! I remember looking at that time capsule in my room a few years after I made it thinking, "I know what's in there. It's going to be no fun to open", but now I honestly don't remember what's in there and I'm excited to find out! I'm bringing it back with me to school so I can open it on my birthday! I think I'll make a new one after I open it so I can open one 10 years from now.

Wait. What if I made one to open at every one of my birthdays? One that showed exactly what my birthday was like the year before? Or a letter about what I did on my birthday and how the past year was? Oooo! I think that would be so much fun! All my excitement for my time capsule is urging me to do something every year so I can be equally as excited!

After all that fun excitement, my mom and I went grocery shopping, came home, and went to sleep. Now I need to do some fun things today and not waste this time spent at home! So, off I go!

I'll write you again either tonight or tomorrow, when I'm back at my un-air-conditioned apartment...
Kt

No comments:

Post a Comment