Thursday, June 23, 2011

Sharing Feelings

Hey everyone!

Today wasn't the most eventful day - I worked, had a meeting, walked home, read for class - so I thought I'd share some feelings with you today.

"Oh no... Here she goes," is probably what you all are thinking. But I really just want to express this to you all.

Are you ready?

This is big!

Are you sure?

Positive?

"Shut up, Kt"?

Okay, okay.

Here it is:

I'm so incredibly happy that I'm going to be an elementary school teacher. I love kids and I want the best for them - a place where they are safe to express themselves and not be judged, a place where they can learn, a place where I can make them realize how incredibly bright and wonderful they are! I love my education classes because they apply to what I want to do. I love that whenever we talk about a classroom I feel myself light up and imagine myself with my own "kids". I'm excited to not only watch them learn, but see how I can learn from them! Those little heads full of imagination, creativity, life! And I want to shape them and show them so many things.

I know the stereotypical downsides to teaching - low salary, little appreciation, etc. - but I don't care. It's what I want to do. I think it's what I was made to do. And I want to be fantastic at it.

I hope I can be a Rockstar like Mrs. Mimi or one of the amazing teachers I had as a kid.

I'm excited for the future (mainly after that rough first year of teaching).
Kt

No comments:

Post a Comment