Friday, February 11, 2011

Fat Week. Studious Weekend.

This week has been a bit of a fat week for me. Yesterday I was so confused on what I wanted to eat for dinner - Chinese, pork and beans, or a cheeseburger? I went with the cheeseburger. But no ordinary cheeseburger, a bacon cheeseburger. With blue cheese. SO. DELICIOUS. ...with fries. I don't usually get fries, honest! They aren't something I necessarily crave. I could go months and probably a year or two without eating fries. I wonder if I have and didn't notice...

After that lovely heart failure I decided to have dessert. I wasn't sure what dessert I wanted (do we see a pattern here?), so I went to the grocery store. Sounds like an odd choice, but they have a really nice bakery section. Well, it took me a while to decide if I wanted a walking sundae (which is pretty much just pieces of cake with icing, but it looks like a sundae) or cheesecake. I went with the walking sundae. But not a boring kind like chocolate or vanilla, nuh-uh. I grabbed pumpkin spice with cream cheese frosting. It sounded so. good. Unfortunately, as I said in my last post I believe, I'm not so much a frosting person as a cake person, so I scraped off about half of the frosting. Don't get me wrong, cream cheese frosting is amazing, but not so amazing that I want to eat it by the tablespoons. Yuck.

Well, after feeling so lovely and, well, fat from that what did I decide to get myself tonight? I different variety of the walking sundae - German chocolate. I must admit, chocolate is very, VERY good. And German chocolate? I must quote my friend Alex: "Mmm, mmm, mm." So. yummy. Again, I had to scrape half of the icing off, but that's the price I pay.

So, I wasn't so bad, right? I scrapped the icing off! Well...I guess not all the icing. But who would scrape all the icing off?

Don't worry guys, I'm not super concerned about my weight or anything. I am concerned about my health - I don't want to be so out of shape that I get out of breath walking up the stairs or find myself having a heart attack at the age of 30 - but I'm not overly concerned. I'm a pretty healthy eater. I think I just treat myself a little more often than I should. I had a salad with pecans and dried cranberries, a 90 calorie chocolate chip and peanut butter granola bar, an apple, and an apple juice for lunch so I felt like treating myself wouldn't be so awful. I kind of wish I had gotten sushi for dinner though. It sounded so fantastic, but I would have wanted to go with my roommate (since she has never had the kind from this one place) who had just gotten out of the cold weather and wasn't so keen on going back into it. Oh well.

This weekend will be the study weekend. The get things done weekend. The please-focus-so-you-don't-want-to-kill-yourself-on-Monday-evening weekend. I have a lot of stuff coming up next week - tests, presentations, homework, you name it! I just hope that I can get myself in the study mood and keep it. I'm most productive then, but I'm not often feeling like that. Well, cheer me on!

How do you guys feel about your eating habits? What about your study habits? I bet you all are much better at studying than I am. I'm pretty easily distracted. For example, tonight my roommate was trying to get me to listen to something she was reading and I made a noise because something disturbing was on t.v. She said, "You have the attention span of a goldfish! That's 3 seconds!" haha. Thanks, rooomie. But, seriously guys, I can concentrate when I have to.

Goodnight everyone! I can't believe I wrote this much. I really had nothing to write about when I started - it just poured out. Have a wonderful weekend! Be safe, courteous, and cautious. And those of you in school send me your strongest studying vibes! I will need them.

Kt

1 comment:

  1. ha I love fries. though i went most of my childhood/early adolescence not having them because i had gotten a handful of UTI's and the doctor suggested that salt might be the problem, even though i really wasn't having much or any salt in my diet. besides fries. so that's what got cut out.

    I know what you mean. I'm concerned about eating healthy for my future (so I don't get diabetes like I think I'm prone to, and so I can age well both in terms of health and in terms of appearance), for my current health (stable energy and less illness and a general state of well-being), ... and because I've noticed that if I don't eat healthy and exercise, but rather just eat very little and exercise much less than I can, then I start looking kinda unattractive. or not my best, I should say. even if i'm not fat, even if i'm quite skinny, I'm not at the fullest or best figure that I could have. things start looking a little more stuck on than sculpted, if that makes sense.
    also, I should mention that I think healthy eating includes having some sugar/simple carbs/unnecessary fats/salt/not necessarily great for you food sometimes. i have a balanced well defined with myself where i say no sometimes and say yes at others, and i know exactly when those will be. sometimes i think about it for a second. but it's never a stressful or bad decision. that's really important to me. health helps reduce excess stress, so why would i add more stress that isn't particularly productive/necessary? i'll save my (eu)stress for school work where it can help me.

    speaking of which.
    i can be really focused when i study but often i find it helpful to give myself a lot of time to do something and let my mind wander a little bit whenever it wants to / whenever necessary. sometimes i have to curtail these wanderings more than others (if i need to be more efficient). i'm always looking at my planner and always make myself aware as soon as i come home what work i'm going to do and when i'm going to leave my room next. awareness is key. take that awareness and put it into a little box in your brain where you know it's all been accounted for and you have time to do it, and you have time to NOT do it right now, so why in the world would you want to think about it.

    ReplyDelete