Saturday, February 26, 2011

Family Frustrations

Hey, everybody,

I'm feeling much better today. It took a while, but I think it was mainly a week bug that got into my system. It went through phases of coughing, sniffling, and sneezing with light headedness throughout. Now I'm left with some plugging in my ears, but at least the sinus pressure is gone! Hooray!

Anyway, my dad was in town for the last couple of days. Tonight we went out for dinner which was pretty amazing. But having my dad here just kind of brought up some of the things that make me sad and, I suppose, upset about my family relationships.

My family loves each other, of course we do, but there's always drama. Constant, consistent drama. A lot of the time I don't need to be in the middle of it, but occasionally I am. I don't want to go into detail for the whole world to read, but basically my dad and my mom don't have the best relationship and I was often in the middle of it. I understand (having experience myself) that when you don't like a certain person it's a little difficult to keep those feelings to yourself, especially from another individual who is around that person all the time and should see those "flaws". Problem is, I don't care who's flawed where. I love them equally. I don't want to hear it.

I'm going to stop myself from continuing on this road. It's a long and dreary one that I rarely express. Frustration and bottled up feelings make me want to spurt everything out, but that is especially not appropriate for the internet, so I will keep it to myself. Those of you that know me personally are more than welcome (if you want) to ask me about it. But, internet, I will leave you hanging.

There is so much I want to write about right now - thoughts are racing through my brain - but I think I will save them for another time. It's late and I feel I have expressed more than I needed to on a subject for one night.

As one of my professors says, "Peace",
Kt

1 comment:

  1. Hey, chica. I totally get that it's wise to keep such personal info off the internet. But I also know how much it helps to vent sometimes, so just know that I'm always here for ya! :)

    ReplyDelete