Saturday, February 5, 2011

Oh [Blog], How I've Neglected You...

To quote my great grandmother's diary, "Oh [blog], how I've neglected you." I'm so very sorry for that. To be honest, I've just been falling asleep without writing. I had some eventful days too! I must make up for it.

The last post I wrote I was wishing for a snow day. Well... Snowpocalypse hit my school pretty hard and classes were canceled! You have to clue how high I jumped in the air, how many little dances I did, or how many little ditties of "There's no school today" I sang. It was pretty much amazing. The conditions were pretty awful. Even though it was a snow day my roommates and I drove to a laundromat (I was completely out of clothes. Well, the essentials at least). The roads.. I can't even describe. They still have yet to clear all of the snow from parking meters/the sides of the street. And those banks are a good 7 to 8 feet tall! Well, driving to the laundromat ended up okay, but getting back was difficult. I got stuck trying to get into my garage! Thankfully another tenant helped us push my car in. We baked him red velvet cupcakes for his efforts. Thanks again, dude!

While we were out and about we decided to rent Eat, Pray, Love. None of us had seen it, so we were pretty excited. My thoughts on the movie: it was a great concept, but not a great movie. I'm not saying you shouldn't see it. (I have this thing with movies where, even if I hear it's bad I still want to see it for myself.) It was a great idea and now that I've seen the movie I definitely need to read the book. I just think that the ending moved a little quickly and a little strangely for my taste. It could have been due to the fact that I was taking time during the movie to look up on my computer where Bali was located (those of you out there that are laughing at me, tell me where Bali is off the top of your head! Geography is not the best subject now, is it?). Still, great concept. Not great movie. In my opinion, of course.

I didn't get a lot done during my snow day, but yesterday was decently eventful. I ended up driving to class, something I would rather not have to do as I have to pay for parking, but my roommate waited for a bus for over 20 minutes and missed her class! (Fortunately, when she got back to the apartment she found out that her class had been canceled.) I slipped a little bit while driving - as I said, the roads were awful! - but I was much better off than the car in front of my that spun out because she was driving much too fast on snow. Ah! That was scary. Throughout the day snow seemed to conquer me as well. Mainly I feel on my bum while walking from one class to another. I was trying to walk through a tiny path that was made by other people's footprints and the dirty snow on top made it slippery so I lost my balance and fell, right. on. my. butt. Honestly, I laughed at myself. It was pretty fun! I miss rolling around in the snow like I did when I was a kid, so just falling in it was a good time. I brushed as much as I could off myself so I didn't look like an idiot, but I think we all looked pretty crazy trying not to slip under the conditions.

Tomorrow I'm doing something pretty cool. Are you ready to hear what it is? I can't hear you. Ready?

Okay, okay! You don't have to...be silent. I'm walking in a fashion show! Pretty awesome, right?! Well, one girl from an organization I'm in is in another organization that walks for this fashion show every year and said that they needed some more volunteers. I jumped at the opportunity - I mean, who wouldn't want to walk in a fashion show?!? The only downside right now is that I have a hair appointment at 8:45 a.m., I'm not really a morning person, and I don't quite know where the salon is located. Well, we'll see how it goes!


Well, have a great day tomorrow everyone! If you were struck by snomg please be careful! I'll write to you tomorrow and tell you as much as possible about the fashion show! Goodnight!

Kt

P.S. I want to thank those of you that checked back or have started to read my blog. I can't believe I've had some page views within the past couple of days even though I haven't posted anything new. Thanks for sticking with me or reading this at all!

P.P.S. I don't think blogger has ever published my posts in Georgia font! What a poop. I guess I'll have to live with Times Roman. D:

1 comment:

  1. 1. i love how all the terminology about the snow - snomg, etc. - seems to be universal across schools

    2. i'm so excited for you!!!!!
    and um haha apparently i'm going to be walking in a fashion show too? i very tentatively clicked "attending" to a model casting for a fashion design RSO at my school, and then someone i know who's a designer asked me to be one of her models so i was like sure! i have no idea what i'm going to be wearing yet lol. you'll have to tell me all about your experience!

    ReplyDelete