Friday, February 18, 2011

Sunshine On A Cloudy Day

Well, hello there! It's a BEAUTIFUL morning today. Almost all of the snow has melted because...

IT'S 35 DEGREES!

That may sound kind of lame to people in California or Florida, but the typical weather for where I am in February is C-O-L-D. Yesterday was so incredibly fantastic! It got up to 60 degrees!!! The morning did look very promising for lovely weather - it was cloudy and muggy - so I wore my rainy day outfit. Yes, I have a rainy day outfit. I don't really know why, but I just always go for the same outfit when it's dreary outside - a dark blue, long-sleeved shirt, jeans, and my cute feather headband. And I was super excited to get a chance to rock my new rain boots - they're fantastically 60's inspired (in my opinion). Well, by the time I got out of my second class I felt like a loser! There was a guy in front of me wearing shorts and a T-shirt! I don't think I would have gone that far, but, man, did I feel overdressed! (Which is something I almost always do - prepare for what I think the day is going to be like and regret my decision later.) By the time my last class was over the clouds had parted and the sun was shining! I drove to my apartment with my windows down singing along to my Loin King tape. So. much. fun! When I got home, I threw open a window and swapped my long-sleeved shirt for a short-sleeved one. By the time my roommates came home I had sucked up so much vitamin D that I was literally loopy. I started busting out songs and jamming to ones I played on my computer. I think I scared the begeezes out of them when they walked through our front door and I screamed, "IT'S SO NICE OUTSIDE!"

The one thing I wanted to do, but didn't get a chance to do, was take a walk or ride my bike. That would have completed my warm, February day. Unfortunately, it's only supposed to get up to 49 degrees today. But if the sun is shining and there's little to no wind it may feel warmer. If it does, I am so taking a walk/riding my bike.

A quick note: I now have a reason to get up early and start my day. Rugrats comes on every morning at 7:30 a.m.! If I get up around 7-7:15 I can make myself breakfast, eat, and check my e-mail while it's on. Perfect!

Today will be a glorious day! I am for sure dressing for the weather - possibly short sleeves and a light jacket! I also have this formal thing going on tonight for an organization I participate in. (I'm starting to get kind of annoyed at just naming all of the things I do as organizations. Should I just come out and say what in the world I'm involved in?) I get to wear a fancy dress and, get this, eat at the mashed potato martini bar! AH! I'm so excited to get mashed russet or sweet potatoes in a martini glass! I'm not quite sure what the appeal is, but I am not passing it up! After the formal I think my roommate and I will be seeing a standup comedy show! I've never been to one, so this should be pretty sweet.

I am so glad this week is coming to an end! I know there's a lot to do for next week, but my mom may come down for the weekend so I don't have to pay for laundry! YAY! Hahaha! I'm just joking. I'll be super excited to see my mom since I haven't seen her for about 5 weeks. Oh! And I just realized my dad will be here next weekend! Gah! So much family time! This just means I have to get all my stuff together so I can spend time with them. Let's do it!

Have a fantastic, warm, hip-hip-hooray day!

Kt

1 comment:

  1. Oooo, I KNOW WHAT THE ORGANIZATION IS!!! Pick me! Pick me!

    If you didn't just get the image of kids wildly waving their hands in the air and squirming in their seats, you so should have. Have I been spending too much time in the classroom? :)

    ReplyDelete