Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Bed Dilemmas

I want to write this post nice and quick (before my refining mask has finished its ten minute job, haha), so here it goes!

I have a feeling this journal has become less and less boy friendly. I'm sorry! I'm a bit of a girly girl so I get stuck on topics that probably don't interest boys all that much. I'll try to come up with topics boys would appreciate as much as the girls out there :D.

When I moved into my apartment I ended up getting new furniture, which was amazing! I've never had new furniture. The bed I have at home is the same bed past family members have used and the rest of my things I think were garage sale items. Maybe some of them where new pieces of furniture, but I think they were bought when I was either a baby or in elementary school. To me, that doesn't really count. So, finally, I got to pick out my own furniture! I was on a budget, but I had somewhat of an idea of what I wanted. I went to so many stores looking for just the right thing - a full bed with a nice headboard (not fabric - I didn't want stains!), no footboard, and space underneath for storage, a matching dresser, a matching night stand if possible - and it was nearly impossible to fit those criteria! Prices were too high, beds were too big, everything was too big - it was a nightmare. After a summer of searching I found some lovely dark brown furniture at a store near my school (the dresser even has a beautiful mirror on top. How cute!).

But my recent dilemma has been, how in the world I should sleep on this huge bed! I've been so used to sleeping in twin beds that I can't quite come up with just the right way to fit myself onto this enormous (in my mind) bed! I've been sleeping on one side, but I think I'd rather be sleeping in the middle. Which brings me to another question: How are you supposed to fit your pillows on a full bed when you want to sleep in the middle? I currently have four pillows, two for each side, but I don't know what to do!

Oh! And another bed dilemma! I read an article that said sleeping on your back is the best position because then gravity pulls at you equally so wrinkles are less likely to form... or something like that. Anyways, I've heard from a few other people that this is true, so I trained myself last year to sleep on my back instead of my side. This was extremely comfortable when I was at school, but when I got home I was all scrunched up in my itty bitty twin bed that I started sleeping on my side again. Because of this summer's side sleeping I'm having a terrible time trying to sleep on my back again. It's so hard! Especially when I'm sleeping on just one side of the bed - I don't want to crowd the other side! What if Casper needs room?

Anywho, my mask is way past done. Poopsickles. I suppose I will have to wash it off. Have a great night everyone! Sleep on your back so you don't get wrinkles tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Oh boy...that wrinkle thing just sounds sooo unsupported by, like, any evidence.

    Everyone here seems to have had a queen sized bed at home - whereas we only have twins in the dorms - and they all say that they miss sprawling out and sleeping at whatever angles they wanted to on the bed. I don't know if that helps, since I don't know if you'd be amenable to moving your pillows around.

    ReplyDelete