Monday, January 24, 2011

Munchies, Major Happiness, And Productive/Proactiv Thoughts

Wouldn't it be awful if there was a prize at the bottom of the macaroni and cheese box? I'd end up pouring it into the boiling water!

I hate being hungry or munchy when I'm really completely satisfied and not a smidgen hungry at all. I've already had dinner, but I can't figure out if I want dessert and if I do want dessert what in the world do I want!

I don't know if it shows, but I'm currently fairly distracted by my t.v. I don't think my hunger confusion is getting any help from The Next Great Baker. Drat! And it looks like this episode is an hour and a half long. That will only extend my vegetation.

Today was a fairly productive day. I didn't get a chance to do all of the readings that were assigned over the weekend, so I've been reading a lot today. I also did some little errands for classes. Yay to getting things done!

Over the past few semesters I have realized that I completely picked the right major. Of course I get nervous of getting out into the real world with my degree, but every time I have to do something related to my major I smile (which I feel is the best sign I could be given that I picked the right major).

Quick proactiv thoughts! (Haha, proactive thoughts. Get it? Anyone? ...) I've been using it for about a week and a half and have come to the conclusion that the idea is bit misleading. Proactiv is supposed to make your skin clear, right? Well first it has to bring all the impurities to the surface. After that is done it can keep your skin clear. This has made me think it isn't working when it really is. Oh, mind bending powers of proactiv. (My roommate thinks it should be "Mind numbing powers of proactiv." Tehe)

By the way, I'm sorry that these posts have gotten so short lately. I occasionally have ideas in my mind before I write, but lately it's just been whatever comes to my head at that moment in time. I'll see if I can make them longer (or just stay on a subject for once!).

Anyways, I hope this week is a little less stressful than the last! Have a great day tomorrow! I'll be going to bed early (YAAAAY!).

1 comment:

  1. Fun fact! Benzoyl peroxide (the active ingredient in proactive) works by increasing cell turnover to let pores clear out more quickly (and then killing that bacteria)...so that's kinda bringing impurities to the surface. I'd be really interested to see if Proactiv's claims are legitimate and it really does have to get worse before it gets better.

    Does benzoyl peroxide irritate your skin at all? There's the 4% bp prescription face wash (lower % = just as effective but not as irritating...it's actually a well proven thing as I understand it) that my roommate uses that's really good. And the right antibiotics will literally work wonders.

    Also, another fun fact, while benzoyl peroxide does kill p.acne (the bacteria that causes acne) it does nothing to prevent that bacteria from returning the second you stop using it, and will not affect dead skin cell turnover or oil production. Salicylic acid will help with the dead skin cell turnover, taking omega 3 supplements will help with the oil production (and avoiding sugar / simple carbs - these spike insulin levels which spikes oil production), and taking probiotics will help keep your skin safe from bad bacteria.

    ReplyDelete