Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Favorite Songs And Bodily Functions. Yay!

Hey everyone!

I'm using this post as a quick break from my homework. Oh, do I procrastinate too much. I'm a slight perfectionist...but a procrastinator. Horrible combination, right? I think other people have the same disease, at least I've heard other people do. It's not very helpful when you try to get things done and you think, "Nah, I'll just wait a few more hours..." Shwhoops.

I have two quick things to talk about with you guys today. ...Maybe three.

For one of my classes we had to fill out a survey about ourselves. A lot of normal stuff: What's your name? What year are you? All that jazz. Well, one of the questions asked us to write down our top three favorite songs. "What?!?" I say. "I can only pick three?!?" Man, that's hard. I go through phases of loving one song and then loving another song. I can't pick a favorite out of those! Honestly, I skipped that part of the survey, answered all the other questions, and then spent the last 3 minutes trying to come up with three great songs. I wasn't the only one having trouble (I could hear my classmates whispering about it too) so I didn't feel completely ridiculous. Anyways, I wanted to share one of the songs I chose to put on that list with you. It's called Sleep and it's by Eric Whitacre. It is a BEAUTIFUL piece. I sang it in my high school choir. Gorgeous. Wonderful. Ug, I could die. Eric Whitacre has these crazy, crunchy chords that melt your heart and soul. If you listen to it you'll see. Anyway, I filled out that survey yesterday, but Sleep has just popped into my mind while I'm studying so I'm listening to it as I write this. Mmmmm...

Onto a completely different subject! I've had a conversation with my roommate recently about (don't laugh) bodily functions easing relief you didn't notice was there until they happened. Kind of awkward, but it's so true! Don't tell me that every time you sneeze you don't feel better afterwards! It's just so true! I think the thing about this that really gets me is that you don't realize your uncomfortable until the bodily function happens and then you think, "Hey, I feel better". If any of you Big Bang Theory watchers have seen the episode where Sheldon eats brussel sprouts you'll understand what I'm saying. Your appendix is not about to burst, you just have gas. Bahahahaha!

Oh! One more thing (which was the third one I thought of up there). I think I'm switching on and off on how I address this blog. Sometimes it seems more like a journal entry and other times it seems like I'm talking to an audience. Since this entry is more of an audience one, tell me what you think. Would you prefer me to write these like journal entries or like I'm talking to you? I'll probably end up doing both, but it's nice to get some input!

I've got to get back to my homework. Have a great day tomorrow, everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Most perfectionists are procrastinators - and the worse the perfectionist the worse the procrastinator. According to common psychological knowledge / lots of studies...none of which I have any helpful links to =) ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and the bodily functions thing is because many things like sneezing and throwing up and etc. release endorphins.

    lawl. bio time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Third comment! woo!

    both is fine & good & preferable

    ReplyDelete