Monday, January 10, 2011

I'm Excited To Wash My Face And Start New!

I'm not a huge fan of writing these so late at night with the TV on. I'm less focused. I'll try to write them a bit earlier and without the TV on. Not that you necessarily needed to know that. Shwoops!

Today would have been classified as a fairly normal day, but I woke up at noon so it seemed decently eventful. I've gotten into this awful sleeping pattern of staying up much too late and waking up around 11. I'm the kind of person that doesn't always great the sunrise with a happy face, but would like to at least be up and moving before 9. Unfortunately, I recently took a trip that screwed my lovely sleeping pattern out of whack. I thought at least today I would have woken up earlier. Yesterday I had to wake up around 7 and I believed the lack of sleep would make me go to bed earlier and wake up earlier. The one problem with my hypothesis ended up being that I got over my sleep hump (you know, past tired) and stayed pretty wide awake for an extra hour or so. I think my body's used to getting 10 hours of sleep now and refuses to adjust. I think I've just gotten too lazy to pry myself out of bed at a reasonable hour. Whatever the excuse, this has to stop soon. I don't think I can take it much longer.

Back to my decently eventful day. The main excitement of this day was that I decide to actually do something for myself instead of cutting the corners around the possible pricey-ness of it. That's right everyone. I bought Proactiv.

Ha. I got you there, didn't I? No, really - I bought Proactiv. Not a huge supply or anything, just a one-month package. My skin has always, ALWAYS frustrated me. It's not terrible, but it just isn't that lovely, clear skin you see on commercials or even that woman shopping at Walgreen's. My skin isn't even as good as the guy that checks you out at the Walgreen's! Anyways, I've struggled with acne for years. I tried many, many different products, but have never ended up with perfect skin. I doubt that will ever happen, but I want to at least feel comfortable without makeup.

Now, I bet you all are going, "Ick. I bet she looks terrible." And, not to toot my own horn or anything, but, geez, I don't look terrible! My acne is more on the moderate to mild side than the severe side. The main problem is that I've had it for years and I'm fed up with it. I don't want it to be a factor in my life anymore. I'm done. So, buying Proactiv seems like the next step. I'm so excited to wash my face tonight!

(Those of you out there with acne, I feel your pain. It sucks so bad. It's embarrassing, disgusting, humiliating, repulsive, and every other synonym. But don't give up, fellow sufferers. Keep trying. That's what I'm doing. Don't let it ruin your life. Try to live around it. I find myself staring in the mirror putting myself down because of my acne, but I shouldn't. It's not my fault nor is it yours! It's genetics, oils, clogged pores! It's not you. So, work through it. Try your best!)

Back to this decently eventful day. I also made a stop to buy some printer ink and a planner. I got my last planner at Target, but I decided to look at Office Depot's planners, since I was already there. They had the same types of planners as my old one, so I am now the proud owner of a bright green and flowered planner. I hope it serves me well this coming year. I'm excited to use it!

These purchases have really set my mind in motion. I want to get my room together, put up the decorations I got in the Fall, organize everything, and feel refreshed. I'm so ready for this change of mind I can't stand it.

I'm going to go wash my face : D!

1 comment: