Friday, January 28, 2011

Nothing To Say

I honestly have no idea what to talk about today. I really am not in the mood to write anything, but I feel I must update this blog every night as often as I can.

I got distracted this evening by Mrs. Doubtfire. Great movie. I don't think I've seen it all the way through before. I saw it almost all the way through tonight though - it was my alternative to readings. Uck.

I wrote the title of this post before I wrote this post so now Hide and Seek by Imogen Heap is running through my head. Great song. Check it out.

I have this thing where I usually can't stand songs that have been so altered by technology. A lot of today's music has started the trend of I-can-record-a-song-in-20-minutes-because-my-producer-can-use-the-studio-equiptment-to-mess-with-it-and-make-it-a-monotonous-auto-tuned-mess. What happened to studio musicians? But I awake to horns, the drummer calls to me, we're up to letter D!!! Oh no, I've pulled the Barry Manilow card. But, honestly, what happened to the people out there that wanted to make a living playing actual music? I was brought up listening to great bands like Blood Sweat and Tears, Styx, Captain and Tennille, Chicago, the B52s, QUEEN for goodness sake! Are their songs not as good as today's songs because they actually use music? Can we really compare Like a G6 with Bohemian Rhapsody? I know there are some musicians today that do posses use some of their own musical talent. I just heard Jason Mraz sing Lucky with his fiancé and he has some natural, raw talent so he uses it. Micheal Buble does as well. I can't think of tons of examples right now (I am actually somewhat tired), but I hope you get my point. Don't get me wrong, Tik Tok gets stuck in my head, but that doesn't mean it's a great song.

Very different topic, but I woke up around 4:45 this morning from a very interesting, strange dream. I told myself that there would be no way I could forget it because it was so odd, but, of course, I have. The only thing I can remember is that I lost an extravagant evening gown, got another one, then found the first evening gown, put it on in locker room with a bunch of other girls, and I hadn't shaved my legs so they all gave me odd looks. Bahaha! I really did like the dress though...

I just noticed that blogger has changed my font settings ever since my first post! I've been typing in Times this whole time thinking I was typing in Georgia. Well, this is not Georgia and will try not to let that happen again!


Well, there. I've babbled. I'm going to read for class until I fall asleep. I hope you all had a moisture filled day today and I hope you have a day full of lotion tomorrow :D!

No comments:

Post a Comment